1. What are the existing operation options of the Mediacore Class 4 Solution?
Speedflow offers buyout and SaaS options. Customers can either use the MediaCore Softswitch on their own hardware or get the complete solution with our dedicated server.
2. Is Mediacore Solution designed for large providers or can it be used by small businesses as well?
MediaCore is a modular structure platform (VoIP switching + routing + billing + revenue assurance + transcoding + SMS softswitch) with various usage options. Its flexibility makes it convenient both for large and small VoIP companies. Speedflow provides 24/7 software technical support, that allows fast MediaCore integration even for startup companies.
3. What are the MediaCore advantages compared to other open source softswitches?
MediaCore is based on ОS Linux and Database PostgreSQL that provide high efficiency, security, flexibility of the system and high customization opportunities. Our security algorithms make the MediaCore almost invulnerable to hackers. Furthermore, the MediaCore Softswitch can be customized according to the customers’ needs.
4. What are the most important VoIP billing features?
VoIP billing module provides such benefits as on-line access to CDR, flexible reporting options, automatic invoicing, multicurrency and many other features.
5. What can Speedflow offer for VoIP providers operating both with retail and wholesale VoIP traffic?
Speedflow offers VoIP software solutions for carriers and retail providers. MediaCore Softswitch is carrier solution for VoIP wholesale operators. CallMax Softswitch is Class 5 platform for VoIP companies that provide services for end users.
The demo version is provided for free and has all features available in the full MediaCore release. There are no restrictions in terms of usage: a customer can work in the system for as long as he needs to make a decision about VoIP softswitch purchase or rent. The only restriction is applied to the concurrent calls quantity – from 10 to 15.
7. Is it possible to provide client’s access to the Mediacore Class 4 Solution to compare CDR?
Yes, the access level is managed by a flexible system of dedicating rights and roles. The developers guarantee the access only to the information specified in the access rights.
8. Is it possible to get a test version of Mediacore softswitch on a customers’ server?
Yes, free trial period is available for all our potential partners. You will have to sign the agreement for a VoIP softswitch purchase. Testing period – is 2 weeks.
9. Can Mediacore softswitch be installed on virtual servers?
We highly recommend the usage of physical hardware servers. Our Team doesn’t install the MediaCore Softswitch on virtual servers.
10. Which OS is recommended for the MediaCore Softswitch installation?
We recommend Linux Ubuntu Server Edition v.12.04 or v.14.04.
11. Does protocol and codecs conversion have an impact on the quality of communication?
A conversion system, developed by our programmers, implements the conversion ’on-the-fly’ without any quality loss.
12. Is it possible to send the calls with full and media proxy?
Yes, it is. Signalling management is accessible in termination/origination points setting.
13. How long does it take to install and launch the MediaCore Class 4 Solution?
The whole setup differs depending on the chosen capabilities, but generally it takes no more than 48-72 hours.
14. As MediaCore customers are we provided with technical support and training?
Speedflow provides 24/7 tech support. In case of the softswitch purchase – first 3 months are for free. In case of rent or hosted options the tech support service is included into the service fee.