Alkaip Telecom operates in wholesale VoIP business and specializes in providing quality voice termination for wholesale and retail markets. Their customers range from small call shops and call centers to tier1s and PTTs. The company counts with the latest technology in telecommunications offering interconnection via SS7 or VOIP and handling a wide range of codecs. Jhonathan Amaya Castañeda, Alkaip Telecom CTO, shared his opinion regarding the MediaCore Softswitch
1. When was the Mediacore Softswitch launched by your company?
The MediaCore Class 4 Softswitch was launched by our company two months ago, in July 2012.
2. What kind of issues you faced up before migrating to the MediaCore?
Our previous solution didn’t have billing platform. Integration with our own billing wasn’t possible that’s why we were looking for complete class 4 VoIP solution.
3. Which MediaCore features have appeared to be the most useful for you, have affected your decision in favor of our Softswitch Solution?
The greatest impact had convenient provisioning tools. Creation of Companies, Routing changes and Rates Upload are very easy and fast.
4. The MediaCore includes the following modules: Switch, Billing, Guardian, and Transcoding. Which package was chosen by your company and why?
We use the complete package. We found all of the modules useful for our company.
5. How long did it take to have the MediaCore installed?
It took about 1 week to install, setup and launch the MediaCore Softswitch.
6. What's your overall impression on the NOC Team Support?
They are always immediately reachable for assistance. I have no complaints about the support.
7. Which results have you achieved since you started to use the MediaCore Softswitch?
With the MediaCore Softswitch we don’t worry about the network stability.